The Institute for Research on Women invites all undergraduates to apply for its Fall 2019 non-residential Learning Community titled "Knowing Bodies: Science, Sex, and Gender." This discussion-based, 1.5 credit seminar meets ONLINE once a week (Thursdays, 4:30-6 pm) and is a space for open dialogue to explore a variety of topics related to the theme. We take part in digital technology and professionalization workshops, attend IRW's Distinguished Lecture Series, take virtual field trips, and conduct research on individual topics of choice that will culminate in a final podcast or video (no experience necessary prior to the course). Students are encouraged to develop projects on a range of topics related to the theme.
- Earn 1.5 course credits
- Attend IRW Distinguished Lectures, virtual field trips, and watch films
- Create intellectual community with peers and network with scholars, activists, artists and professionals
- Acquire presentation skills
- Develop a research project
- Meet only once per week, Thursdays from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.